- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean lamb rump, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground coriander
- ½tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 small parsnips, roughly chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g wholewheat couscous
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh mint, leaves picked and chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan or flameproof casserole dish (that has a lid) over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 5 min or until softened. Add the lamb and cook, stirring, for 8 min or until browned. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 2 min or until fragrant.
- Add the carrot, pepper, parsnips and tomatoes to the pan with 200ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hr. Remove the lid and simmer for 30 min more or until the lamb is tender.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a bowl and cover with 250ml boiling water, then leave to stand for 5 min. Separate the grains with a fork, then stir the mint through the couscous.
- Scatter the almonds over the tagine, then serve with the couscous, garnished with extra mint leaves.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
499kcal 36.5g 17.5g 5.3g 10.7g 14.9g 0.3g 126mg 52.1g 6.7mg