- 700g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Good pinch of grated nutmeg
- 4 x 150g lean lamb cutlets or loin chops
- Cooking oil spray
- 1tbsp low-fat spread
- 2tbsp fresh sage leaves
- 4tbsp reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2tsp redcurrant jelly
- 650g mix of carrots, sugar snap peas and green beans, steamed, to serve
- Cook the sweet potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10–12 min until tender. Drain, then mash with the nutmeg until smooth.
- Meanwhile, put a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Spray the lamb with a little oil and season with ground black pepper, then cook for 2 min on each side for medium-rare or to your liking. Transfer the cooked lamb to a warm plate and loosely cover with foil, then set aside to rest for 5 min.
- While the meat rests, add the low-fat spread to the pan and heat until melted. Add the sage and cook for 1 min or until fragrant, then add the stock, worcestershire sauce and redcurrant jelly. Bubble for 2 min, then drizzle over the lamb. Serve with the sweet potato mash and steamed vegetables.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
353 19.9g 10.3g 4.1g 10g 19.1g 0.5g 129mg 48.2g 3.6mg