- Cooking oil spray
- 500g lamb steaks, trimmed and cubed
- 2tbsp plain flour, seasoned with ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 300ml hot reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1tbsp worcestershire sauce
- A few fresh thyme sprigs, chopped
- 600g waxy potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2tsp low-fat spread
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Spray a large, wide pan with a little oil and put over a medium heat. Dust the lamb cubes in the seasoned flour, then add to the pan in batches and fry until browned all over. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and carrots to the pan and cook for 5 min, spraying with a little more oil if needed. Return the lamb to the pan with the hot stock, worcestershire sauce and thyme. Season with ground black pepper, then take off the heat.
- In a shallow ovenproof dish with a lid, arrange half the potato slices in an overlapping layer. Top with the meat mixture, then layer the remaining potatoes on top and dot with the low-fat spread. Cover and cook in the oven for 30 min, then remove the lid. Cook for a further 20 min or until the potatoes are crisp and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving
391 30.3g 12.1g 0.6g 5.5g 8.2g 0.7g 55mg 42.8g 1.5mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.