- 2 large aubergines, halved lengthways
- Spray olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g lean lamb mince
- ½tsp chilli flakes
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 400g can no added salt tomatoes
- 6tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 100g low-fat greek-style yogurt
- 4 small wholemeal khobez/flatbreads, warmed, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Scoop the flesh from the aubergines, leaving a 1cm-thick border. Put the shells on a tray. Finely chop flesh; set aside.
- Set a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Sauté the onion and carrot for 4–5
min until tender. Add the garlic, mince, aubergine flesh, chilli and spices. Cook, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon, for 5 min or until browned.
- Add the tomatoes and parsley to the pan. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Reduce the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10–15 min until thick. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spoon the mixture into the aubergine shells. Spray liberally with olive oil. Bake for 45 min or until the aubergine is tender. Put one half on each serving plate, top with a dollop of yogurt, garnish with extra parsley, then serve with the flatbreads and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
366 27g 12g 4.8g 7.6g 12g 0.9g 186mg 32g 4.7mg