- 3tsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 200ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained
- 150g baby spinach
- Juice 1 lemon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 6 filo pastry sheets
- 150g tenderstem broccoli
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Warm 1tsp olive oil in a saucepan. Add the leeks and fry gently for 5 min until starting to soften.
- Add the garlic, thyme and flour. Cook for 1 more min, stirring well to stop the flour catching. Gradually stir in the stock, bit by bit, making sure there are no lumps.
- Add the cannellini beans and spinach and warm them until the spinach has wilted (this will only take a couple of min). Remove from the heat and season with freshly ground pepper. Tweak with a squeeze or so of lemon juice and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Transfer the bean mix into a snug pie dish (about 25x15cm). Brush each filo sheet lightly with the remaining olive oil, then roughly scrunch them on top of the pie and loosely tuck them in at the edges.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for25 min or until the filo is golden and crisp. When the pie is nearly ready, steam the broccoli for 3–4 min and serve with the pie.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? Why not try The Dirty Vegan’s one-pot courgette, pea and spinach pasta recipe too?.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
506 22g 10g 1.7g 17g 7.8g 1.2g 329mg 70g 8.5mg