User Review( votes)
- 175g quinoa
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 40g fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breasts
- Cooking oil spray
- 300g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 whole cucumber, chopped
- 1tsp sugar
- 300g asparagus, steamed,to serve
- Put 350ml water in a medium pan and bring to the boil. Add the quinoa and bring the water back up to the boil. Reduce the heat, then cover and simmer for 12–15 min until all the liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the garlic, half the lemon juice and 3tbsp of the chopped parsley. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Heat a little spray oil in a griddle pan, then cook the chicken over a high heat for 7 min on each side or until cooked through.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, sugar and the remaining lemon juice and parsley to the cooled quinoa. Season with ground black pepper and toss to combine. Divide the salad among 4 plates, then top each with a chicken breast. Serve with the steamed asparagus.
Don’t forget, we’ve got plenty of healthy chicken recipes for you to try.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
375 46.1g 5.6g 0.9g 7g 7.8g 0.3g 111mg 35.1g 6.1mg