- 80g pitted dried dates
- 200g ground almonds
- 90g desiccated coconut, plus 3tbsp (15g) extra for rolling
- 2tsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Zest and juice ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Line a large plate or tray (that will fit in your fridge) with baking paper. Put the dates in a small heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soften for 2 min, then drain.
- Whiz the drained dates in a food processor with the remaining ingredients (except the extra desiccated coconut) for 2–3 min until combined and the mixture holds its shape when pressed into a ball.
- Put the extra coconut on a small plate. Press and shape 2tsp of the date mixture into a ball, then roll in the coconut and put on the prepared plate or tray. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 26 bliss balls in total.
- Chill for about 30 min or until firm, then transfer to an airtight container. The bliss balls will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
83 2g 6.8g 2.5g 1.8g 3.7g 0g 22mg 3.9g 0.4mg