- 350g linguine
- 1½tbsp olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Zest 1 lemon and juice 2
- 200g ricotta
- Parmesan-style vegetarian cheese, grated, and fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped (optional), to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of unsalted water according to the pack instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat 1tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan. Add the fennel and black pepper. Fry over a medium-high heat for 8–10 min, stirring regularly, until wilted and softened with a bit of colour.
- Add the chilli and garlic to the fennel and cook for a few min, then turn off the heat. Add the lemon zest and juice.
- Remove about 150ml of the pasta cooking water and reserve, then drain the pasta in a colander. Stir the pasta into the fennel mix, adding the ricotta and reserved cooking water. Toss together, so the ricotta and water emulsify into a sauce. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and parsley, if using, and drizzle with the remaining olive oil to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
437 16.4g 12.2g 4.4g 4.5g 4.2g 0.2g 161mg 63.1g 1.9mg