- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 275g arborio rice
- 1 litre reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g tin butter or cannellini beans, drained
- 225g frozen peas, thawed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 50g rocket
For the cheesy crumb topping
- 1 wholegrain or sourdough bread slice
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Fresh or dried chilli, to taste (optional)
- 25g parmesan or vegetarian parmesan-style hard cheese, finely grated
- To make the topping, put the bread, parsley and chilli, if using, in a blender or mini-chopper and whiz until coarse. Stir in the parmesan or vegetarian cheese.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat the oil and cook the onions and garlic over a medium heat for a few min until softened. Add the rice, stir to coat in the oil, then cook for a few min. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable stock in another large pan.
- Add the hot stock to the rice, one ladleful at a time, stirring well after each addition. Once the liquid is absorbed, add the next ladleful and repeat until all the stock is used up.
- When most of the liquid is absorbed, add the beans, peas and lemon zest. Heat for a few more min, then stir in the rocket. Serve sprinkled with the cheesy crumb topping.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
446 18.2g 9g 2.6g 9.4g 3.7g 0.3g 154mg 77.8g 3.8mg