- Cooking oil spray
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 500g sweet potatoes, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 500ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g tin brown lentils in water, drained
- 400g tin chickpeas in water, drained
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150g green beans, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4tbsp low-fat natural yogurt, chopped fresh flatleaf parsley and 4 toasted sourdough slices, to serve
- Put a large saucepan over a medium heat and spray with a little oil. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring, for 6–7 min until softened. Add the garlic and oregano and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 1 min, then add the stock, lentils, chickpeas and tomatoes with 325ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15–20 min until the sweet potato cubes are tender.
- Add the green beans to the pan and simmer for 3–4 min until the beans are tender-crisp.
- Top with the yogurt and chopped parsley, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and serve with the toasted sourdough slices on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
396 17.1g 4.4g 1.2g 15.4g 18.8g 1.3g 247mg 74g 5.7mg