- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2tsp brown mustard seeds
- ½tsp ground turmeric
- 350g vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 350g pack diced butternut squash and sweet potato
- 150g dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 450ml very low salt vegetable stock
- 150g baby spinach
- 4 small reduced-fat naan breads
- 4tbsp low-fat natural yogurt, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté the onion for 5 min or until softened. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, mustard seeds and turmeric, then cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Add the squash and sweet potato, lentils and stock to the pan, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15–20 min until the lentils are tender and the dhal is thick.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring, for 2 min or until wilted. Season with ground black pepper. Meanwhile, warm the naan breads.
- Serve the dhal with the yogurt and warmed naan breads.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
410 18.8g 6.8g 1.4g 8.9g 16.5g 0.7g 297mg 71.9g 6mg