- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 2tsp cumin seed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g basmati rice
- 500ml hot reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 600g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g tin brown lentils in water, drained
- 200g spinach
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 min or until softened. Add the coriander, cumin, garlic and rice and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Add the hot stock and squash and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 min or until the rice is just cooked.
- Add the lentils and spinach and cook, covered, for another 3 min or until everything is heated through and the spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat and stand, covered, for 5 min, then serve with the salad leaves.
Nutrition per serving
330 11.5g 4.9g 0.9g 8.1g 8.5g 0.9g 197mg 61.7g 6mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.