- 100g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 450g lean pork mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp lemongrass paste
- 25g grated ginger
- Zest and juice 1 lime, plus extra lime wedges to serve
- 1tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1–2 long red chillies, finely sliced
- 250g green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 200g frozen peas or shelled edamame beans
- 3tsp fish sauce
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 butter lettuces, leaves separated
- Put the noodles in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 10–15 min.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the mince, breaking up any large pieces with a wooden spoon, for 4–5 min until brown. Add the garlic, lemongrass paste, ginger and lime zest. Cook for 1 min. Add the lime juice, soy sauce and most of the chilli and mix well.
- Add the green beans and cook, stirring, for 1–2 min until just tender. Stir through the peas or edamame beans and fish sauce, then cook for 1 min.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir through most of the coriander and mint. Pile up 2–3 lettuce leaves to form a ‘bowl’ on each serving plate. Drain the noodles and divide them among the leaves, then top with the pork mixture. Serve topped with the remaining chilli and herbs and extra lime wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
390kcal 28g 15g 4g 6.9g 6g 1.6g 134mg 30g 5.2mg