- Sunflower oil, to grease
- 4tbsp mild extra-virgin olive oil
- Grated zest 1 lime, plus 2tbsp juice
- 2 medium eggs
- 50g caster sugar
- 85g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder Icing sugar, to dust
- Heat the oven to 160ºC/fan 140°C/gas 3. Grease a 12-hole madeleine tin (see below) with sunflower oil. Combine the olive oil and lime zest in a bowl, then set aside for 15 min to infuse.
- In a large bowl, use electric beaters to beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale. Add the infused oil and lime juice, beating until just combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a medium bowl. Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture, in 3 batches, until just combined. Chill the mixture in the fridge for 10 min.
- Spoon into the prepared tin, then bake for 12–15 min until golden and firm to the touch. Cool for a few min in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and set aside to cool. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
99 1.8g 5.7g 0.9g 0.3g 4.6g 0.1g 15mg 9.9g 0.3mg