- 800g sweet potatoes, cut into wide chips
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 200g canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 75g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/gas 6 and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Put the sweet potato chips in a bowl with 1tbsp olive oil, toss gently to coat, then spread over the prepared tray. Bake for 30 min or until cooked and tender, turning halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the kidney beans and onion, then cook for 2–3 min until the onion has softened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the chips are ready, remove them from the oven and transfer to an ovenproof serving dish. Top the chips with the bean mixture and grated cheese, then return to the oven for 4–5 min until the cheese has melted.
- Serve topped with the avocado and coriander.
Recipes adapted from The Busy Mum’s Guide to Weight Loss by Rhian Allen (Plum, £16.99)
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
468 12g 21g 5.8g 12g 13g 0.5g 256mg 50g 2.8mg