- 125g low-fat spread
- 70g Truvia sweetener (or similar)
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 300g wholemeal spelt flour, plus extra to dust
- 1½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 48 freeze-dried strawberry slices or a 7g tube crushed freeze-dried strawberry pieces
- 40g almonds, roughly sliced
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line 2 large baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the strawberries and almonds, in a large bowl until you have a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough into a log on a lightly floured surface, then slice into 48 even rounds using a sharp knife. Roll the slices into balls, then put them on the lined baking sheets and press to flatten, spacing them 2cm apart. Top each with a strawberry slice or sprinkling of strawberry pieces and a few almond slices.
- Bake for 15–18 min, swapping the positions of the baking sheets halfway through for an even bake, or until the biscuits are pale golden. Cool completely on the sheets, then transfer to an airtight container.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
57 1.8g 2.5g 0.5g 1.1g 0.2g 0.1g 7mg 6g 0.3mg