- 75g reduced-fat spread
- 125g plain flour, sifted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2tsp cornflour
- 300g low-fat vanilla custard
- 60g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Put the spread and 175ml water into a pan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, add the plain flour and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon for 30 sec, until the mixture comes away from the sides. Allow to cool slightly for 10 min, then beat in the eggs, a little at a time.
- Drop 15 tablespoonfuls of the mixture on to the trays, then bake for 25 min or until puffed and golden. Working quickly, pierce a small hole in the side of each profiterole with a skewer. Put them back in the oven, turn off the heat and leave the door slightly ajar, allowing the profiteroles to dry out for 45 min. Cut in half horizontally.
- Mix the cornflour with 1tbsp water and stir into the custard. Heat in a pan, stirring, until very thick, then put clingfilm on the surface and cool completely. Once cool, spoon 2tsp of custard into each profiterole and put on a tray.
- Melt the chocolate slowly in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Spoon over each profiterole and chill until the chocolate is hardened before serving.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
102 3.3g 4.5g 1.5g 0.5g 4.6g 0.1g 48mg 13g 0.5mg