User Review( votes)
Healthy chocolate profiteroles
Make these low calorie chocolate profiteroles as an Easter treat for guilt-free indulgence that's waistline friendly too.
Serves Makes 15
Prep Time 10 min
Cooking Time 30 min + cooling and chilling
- 75g reduced-fat spread
- 125g plain flour, sifted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2tsp cornflour
- 300g low-fat vanilla custard
- 60g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Put the spread and 175ml water into a pan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, add the plain flour and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon for 30 sec, until the mixture comes away from the sides. Allow to cool slightly for 10 min, then beat in the eggs, a little at a time.
- Drop 15 tablespoonfuls of the mixture on to the trays, then bake for 25 min or until puffed and golden. Working quickly, pierce a small hole in the side of each profiterole with a skewer. Put them back in the oven, turn off the heat and leave the door slightly ajar, allowing the profiteroles to dry out for 45 min. Cut in half horizontally.
- Mix the cornflour with 1tbsp water and stir into the custard. Heat in a pan, stirring, until very thick, then put clingfilm on the surface and cool completely. Once cool, spoon 2tsp of custard into each profiterole and put on a tray.
- Melt the chocolate slowly in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Spoon over each profiterole and chill until the chocolate is hardened before serving.