- 4 red or orange peppers, halved and deseeded
- ½ large butternut squash, peeled and diced (or 400-500g bag of ready prepared)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 litre very low salt vegetable stock
- ½tsp chilli flakes (or ½ red chilli, deseeded and diced)
- Handful of fresh parsley or coriander, chopped
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spread the peppers, squash and onion in a large baking tray. Sprinkle with black pepper and drizzle over 1tbsp of the olive oil. Bake in the oven for about 20 until the edges begin to blacken. Remove and allow to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, remove most of the skin from the peppers and discard. Roughly chop the flesh.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large saucepan and add the baked vegetables. Add the stock and chilli flakes or diced chilli and bring to the boil, then simmer for about 20 min until everything is soft. Remove the pan from the heat and blend the soup with a hand blender or food processor. To serve, reheat until hot, then garnish with the parsley or coriander.
For a richer dish add a handful of fried chorizo, or trying adding 1 tbsp each of fried diced halloumi or toasted nuts.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
174 3.3g 6.7g 1.3g 4.9g 15.5g 1.5g 83mg 21.7g 1.7mg