- 500g sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 500g sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- Spray oil
- 1tsp paprika
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 1 small red onion, finely grated
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- 200g asparagus
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 wholegrain dairy-free bread rolls, halved and toasted
- 60g baby spinach, to serve
- Heat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170ºC/gas 5. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Put the sweet potato wedges on the tray, spray with oil and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 35–40 min, turning once, until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the mince, carrot, onion and mustard in a large bowl. Season with black pepper, then shape into 4 x 2cm-thick burgers. If freezing, wrap and transfer to the freezer now. Defrost thoroughly before completing the recipe.
- Set a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Lightly spray the burgers and asparagus with oil. Add the burgers to the pan and cook for 4–5 min on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through. Remove and keep warm. Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for 2 min on each side or until just tender.
- Cut the asparagus into 1cm pieces and combine in a bowl with the tomatoes, parsley and black pepper.
- Top each roll half with spinach, a burger and some salsa. Serve with the wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
381 34g 7.8g 3.1g 8.6g 12g 1g 12.2mg 39g 4.7mg