User Review( votes)
- Spray olive oil
- 2 medium aubergines, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 250g lean lamb mince
- 250g 5% fat beef mince
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 400g passata
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 300g potatoes, skin on, grated and squeezed of excess moisture
- 200g 0% fat greek yogurt
- 1 medium egg
- Grating nutmeg
- 50g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 50g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 350g steamed broccoli, to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Spray a 1.5–2 litre rectangular baking dish with olive oil and line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the aubergines in a single layer on the prepared tray, spray with oil and season with pepper. Bake for 10 min or until just tender.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the lamb and beef mince, garlic and oregano and cook, stirring, for 2–3 min until the mince has almost browned. Add the passata, courgettes and potatoes and cook for 5 min.
- Spread half the sauce over the base of the prepared dish and top with half the baked aubergine slices. Spread over the remaining mince and a final layer of aubergine. Combine the yogurt with the egg in a bowl and dollop the mixture over the aubergine layer.
- Scatter the grated cheeses over the top, then bake for 15 min or until golden. Serve with the steamed broccoli.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
482 48g 18g 8.6g 12.3g 10.4g 1.1g 310mg 26.4g 5mg