- 500g turkey breast mince
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, plus extra sliced chilli, to garnish (optional)
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- Spray olive oil
- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 4 small wholegrain sourdough rolls, split
- 20g baby rocket
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 cucumbers, sliced lengthways into thin ribbons
- Chilli sauce, to serve
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine the turkey, chilli, coriander, garlic and shallots in a large bowl. Season with pepper, form into 4 burgers and put on the prepared tray. Cover and chill for 20 min.
- Spray a barbecue hotplate or griddle with oil and set over a medium heat. Barbecue or griddle the burgers for 5–6 min on each side. Spray the tomatoes with oil and cook on the barbecue or griddle for 7–8 min until tender. Transfer the burgers and tomatoes to a plate and keep warm. Spray the rolls with oil and warm on the barbecue or griddle for a few min on each side.
- Top the roll bases with rocket, carrot, cucumber and a burger. Add the extra coriander and sliced chilli, if using. Drizzle with chilli sauce, top with the roll lid, and serve with the tomatoes.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
289 37g 3.7g 1g 5.3g 8.3g 0.6g 130mg 23g 2.2mg