- Spray cooking oil, to grease
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 150g no added sugar peanut butter
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼tsp freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 125g brown rice malt syrup
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 30g self-raising flour
- ¼tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC/gas 4. Line the base and sides of a 2lb loaf tin with non-stick baking paper and spray with oil.
- Put all the ingredients except the macadamia nuts in a food processor and blend until smooth. Remove the blade from the food processor, then add the nuts to the bowl. Roughly stir with a spoon to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin and spread evenly. Bake for 20–25 min until golden and the middle is just firm but still a little squidgy.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Slice into 6, then cut each slice in half again.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
176 5.4g 10g 1.8g 1.6g 6.6g 2g 16mg 15.1g 0.6mg