- Cooking oil spray
- 500g ready-made extra-lean beef meatballs
- 225g wholewheat couscous
- ½tsp allspice
- 275ml hot reduced-salt vegetable stock
- Juice 1 lemon
- 25g bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 150g mixed salad leaves
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125g reduced-fat hummus
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Fry the meatballs, turning occasionally, for 15–20 min until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous and allspice in a medium bowl and pour over the hot stock. Cover and allow to stand for 6 min, then fluff the grains with a fork. Add the lemon juice and half the parsley. Stir to combine.
- Divide the salad leaves and couscous among 4 plates. Top with the cherry tomatoes and meatballs.
- Mix the hummus with 4tbsp cold water in a small bowl, then drizzle over the meatballs and couscous salad. Scatter with the remaining parsley and add a grind of pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
565kcal 38.2g 24g 8.7g 7.8g 6.3g 1.8g 72mg 49.4g 5.3mg