- 175g crusty bread, cut into chunks
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cucumber, roughly chopped
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 180g reduced-fat feta, roughly crumbled
- 50g pitted black olives, halved
- 2tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- ½ small bunch fresh basil, torn
- Toss the bread with the vinegar and oil in a salad bowl.
- Add the chopped cucumber and tomatoes and mix well, then leave to marinate for 15 min.
- Add the feta, olives, capers and basil. Toss, then serve at room temperature.
Cook’s tip: This is a tasty way to use up stale bread. You can make the salad up to two days in advance and chill (the flavours will develop even more). Refresh with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil to serve.