- 2tbsp olive oil, plus extra to grease
- 275g dried spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 400g Quorn mince
- 2tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 250g frozen spinach
- 2 roasted peppers from a jar, drained and sliced
- 1 batch Veg-packed rich tomato sauce, thawed if frozen (see recipe)
- 250g low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 300ml skimmed milk
- 50g vegetarian parmesan-style cheese, grated
- ½tsp ground nutmeg
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Grease an ovenproof dish. Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions, then drain. Meanwhile, put the oil in a frying pan set over a medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic and carrots and cook for 6–8 min until softened.
- Stir in the Quorn mince and tomato paste and cook for 5 min. Add the spinach, peppers, Veg-packed rich tomato sauce and 100ml water. Heat through and season with black pepper.
- Add the spaghetti and Quorn mixture to the prepared oven dish and toss together lightly.
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Combine the cottage cheese, egg, milk, hard cheese and nutmeg in a bowl until smooth. Pour over the mixture in the dish, then bake for 20–25 min until golden brown. Garnish with fresh basil to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
501kcal 28g 15g 4.3g 12g 20g 1.2g 330mg 54g 3mg