For the salad
- 300g black Venus rice
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 200g Tenderstem®
- 150g mangetout
- ¼ red cabbage (around 200g), shredded
- 150g mixed radishes, topped, tailed and thinly sliced
- 150g edamame beans, defrosted
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges at the last minute
For the dressing
- 60g cashews
- 1cm ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3½ tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp brown rice syrup (or maple)
- Place the rice in a large pan, cover with plenty of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 18 minutes until tender. Drain, using a sieve then place the sieve over the saucepan, cover with a tea-towel and leave to one side.
- Next, make the dressing. Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender with 100ml of water and blend. Leave to one side. Taste and adjust the lemon or miso as you wish.
- For the vegetables, heat 1½ tbsp of rapeseed oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Once hot add the Tenderstem® and cook for 2 minutes. Then add a splash of water (around 3 tbsp), toss and cover with the lid. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender, then transfer to a plate. Add another drizzle of oil to the pan and when hot, add the mangetout. Cook for a couple of minutes until nicely blistered, then add to the plate.
- To assemble the salad, place the cooked rice in a large serving bowl. Layer over the red cabbage, Tenderstem® and mangetout, followed by the raw radishes, edamame and avocado. Drizzle over the dressing, mix and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
399 16g 14g 2.2g 8.4g 5.6g 1.5g 110mg 46g 3.8mg