- 300g Tenderstem®
- 1 ½ tsp Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 400g pork mince
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large leek, cut into thin circles
- 2 tbsp chilli bean sauce (we used Lee Kum Kee)
- 600ml reduced salt chicken stock
- 400g firm tofu, cut into 1½ cm cubes
- 1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- Chop the stems of each piece of Tenderstem® into thin discs, leaving the florets to one side.
- Grind the Sichuan peppercorns in a pestle and mortar until very well ground.
- Heat the rapeseed and sesame oil in large frying pan over a medium heat until smoking hot, then add the pork mince. Leave to cook for a couple of minutes until it browns, then stir and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves and leek and cook for 5 minutes until the garlic and leeks soften.
- Add the chilli bean sauce, Sichuan pepper and then pour in the stock, soy sauce, and add the cubes of tofu. Braise for 5 minutes.
- Add the heads and finely sliced stems of Tenderstem® and cook for 3-4 mins or until tender, then take off the heat.
SERVE with rice, if preferred.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
361 31g 22g 5.1g 4.2g 3.6g 2.8g 106mg 6.7g 4.4mg