- 1 batch basic baked beans (see tip)
- 1tbsp chipotle paste, or to taste
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 25g fresh coriander, leaves and stalks chopped separately, a few leaves reserved to garnish
- 12 slices wholegrain bread
- 6tbsp low-fat soured cream and large pinch smoked paprika, to serve
- In a medium pan, mix the beans with the chipotle paste, lime zest and juice, pepper and coriander stalks. Heat gently for 15 min, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, toast the bread.
- Stir the chopped coriander leaves into the beans, then serve on the toasts, topped with the soured cream and sprinkled with the paprika and remaining hebs.
Tip: Make our basic baked beans recipe without the sage and mixed herb mix.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
399kcal 19.6g 8.6g 1.6g 14.8g 10.6g 1.1g 243mg 64.6g 4.9mg