User Review( votes)
- Spray oil
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2tsp Mexican spice mix
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 50g spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Tabasco or other hot sauce, to serve (optional)
- 2 slices wholegrain bread, toasted (optional)
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Spray an ovenproof pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the spring onions, garlic and red pepper and cook, stirring, for 5 min.
- Add the spice mix and cook for a further 1 min. Add the cherry tomatoes, lentils and spinach. Stir to combine, then bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 min, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Using a spoon, make 4 indentations in the tomato mixture. Carefully crack 1 egg into each indent, then put the pan in the oven and bake for 15 min or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Spoon the eggs with the tomato and lentil sauce on to 4 serving plates. Garnish with coriander, season with freshly ground black pepper and the hot sauce, if using. Serve with a slice of toast on the side, if you like.
TIP: Add a dollop of low-fat Greek yogurt on top for extra creaminess.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
443 32.1g 12.2g 2.9g 11.6g 12.8g 1g 204mg 47.1g 10.4mg