- Spray olive oil
- 4 wholemeal tortillas
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can no added salt kidney beans, drained
- 5tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 small avocado, diced
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spray 4 x 400ml approx (5–6cm deep) ovenproof dishes with olive oil. Gently push a tortilla into each dish to form a basket.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan
with olive oil and set over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and pepper, then cook, stirring, for 4–5 min until softened. Stir in the cumin and cook for 1 min, then add the tomatoes and kidney beans. Cover and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 8–10 min until thickened. Stir through the coriander.
- Spoon the tomato mixture into the tortilla cases. Make a small indentation in each mixture and crack an egg into it. Bake for 15–20 min until the eggs are almost set. Top with the diced avocado and extra coriander leaves and serve with the lime wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
385 20.4g 12.8g 3.2g 15.8g 10g 0.8g 95mg 39g 5.1mg