- Olive oil spray 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1½ tsp chipotle paste
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 900ml vegetable stock made with 2 very low salt cubes
- 600g canned chopped tomatoes
- 500g canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 450g canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g frozen sweetcorn
- Lime wedges, to serve
For the tortilla chips
- 3 small soft flour tortillas
- Olive oil spray
For the salsa
- 1 small ripe avocado
- Juice and zest 1 lime
- 1 fresh green chilli, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 3tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Spray a large pan with oil and put over a low-medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 8 min or until very soft. Add the chipotle paste and cumin and cook for 1–2 min until fragrant.
- Add the stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 min or until the liquid has reduced slightly. Add the beans and sweetcorn and cook for a further 5 min.
- Meanwhile, make the tortilla chips. Cut the tortillas into small triangles and spray on both sides with oil. Lay the triangles in a single layer on a baking sheet, then toast in the oven for 4–6 min, without turning, until golden and crisp. Keep an eye on them as they can burn easily.
- For the salsa, cut the avocado into small cubes, put in a bowl with the lime juice and zest, chilli and chopped coriander.
- Serve the soup hot in bowls with the salsa and tortilla chips, with the lime wedges on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
367kcal 18.1g 8g 2g 15g 9g 0.6g 147mg 48.8g 4.9mg