- Cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1cm dice
- 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 very low salt vegetable stock cube dissolved in 900ml boiling water
- 400g can kidney beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 200g frozen sweetcorn
- 2 wholegrain tortillas, halved
- 6tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 4tbsp low-fat soured cream
- 1 small ripe avocado, flesh diced
- Spray a large saucepan (that has a lid) with oil and set over a medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic for 3–4 min until softened. Add the pepper, chilli flakes, paprika and cumin. Cook, stirring often, for 4–5 min until the pepper starts to soften.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, canned tomatoes, stock, beans and corn to the pan, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, partially cover the pan and simmer for 30–35 min until the cherry tomatoes are tender. When the soup is nearly ready, warm the tortillas according to the pack instructions.
- Stir the chopped coriander into the soup, then ladle it into 4 bowls. Top with soured cream and diced avocado, then garnish with extra coriander leaves and ground black pepper. Serve with the tortillas.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
292kcal 12.6g 9.9g 2.7g 12g 16.7g 0.5g 118mg 39.8g 4.2mg