- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 400g can kidney beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp chipotle chilli flakes
- 1tsp each ground coriander, ground cumin and smoked paprika
- Spray oil
- 5 large wholemeal tortilla wraps
- 150g reduced-fat greek style yogurt
- 100g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for a few min, then add 1tbsp water and cook for 5 min or until the onion is soft and translucent and the water has evaporated.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the mince to the pan and cook until it’s nicely browned, breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Add the carrots, pepper, kidney beans, tomatoes and spices, stirring well to combine. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10–15 min or until the sauce has thickened.
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and lightly spray a 25cm round baking dish with oil. Put 1 tortilla on the base of the dish, then spoon over some of the meat mixture. Continue layering up the remaining tortillas and meat mixture, finishing the stack with a tortilla. Spread the yogurt over the top tortilla, then sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Bake the lasagne for 30–40 min or until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve.
Recipes adapted from The Busy Mum’s Guide to Weight Loss by Rhian Allen (Plum, £16.99)
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
414 29g 11g 6g 11g 11g 1g 263mg 42g 2.9mg