- 140g quinoa
- 3 corn on the cobs
- Cooking oil spray
- 400g tin black beans in water, rinsed and drained
- ¼ small red cabbage, trimmed and shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tsp avocado or rapeseed oil
- 1tsp paprika
- 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1tsp maple syrup
- Put the quinoa in a medium saucepan with 300ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 12–15 min until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan to medium. Spray the corn with oil, then add to the griddle pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 8–10 min until golden and tender. Remove from the heat and leave until cool enough to handle.
- Carefully slice the corn kernels from the cobs with a sharp knife. Put the cooked quinoa and corn in a large salad bowl. Add the black beans, cabbage, tomatoes and coriander and toss together.
- Combine the lime juice, garlic, oil, paprika, chilli and maple syrup in a small bowl to make a dressing. Add to the salad and toss gently. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
254kcal 13.3g 5.9g 0.7g 12.5g 8g 0.1g 105mg 36g 5.1mg