- 225g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg white
- Cooking oil spray
- 450g beef minute steaks, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp Cajun or Mexican spice mix
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 small avocado, sliced, and lemon wedges, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Combine the sweetcorn, flour, spring onions, egg and egg white in a mixing bowl, then season with black pepper.
- Spray a large frying pan with a little oil and set over a medium heat. Add 4 dollops (about 2tbsp each) of the corn mixture to the pan and cook for 2–3 min on each side until browned, carefully flipping them once. Transfer the fritters to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 8 fritters in total.
- Combine the beef, spice mix and peppers in a mixing bowl. Spray a frying pan with a little oil and set over a high heat, then cook the beef mixture, in batches, for 1–2 min or until browned.
- Serve the beef and fritters with the avocado and lemon wedges, garnished with coriander.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
324kcal 32.2g 13g 3.8g 4.6g 9.8g 1.8g 42mg 20.1g 4.3mg