- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground chilli powder
- 450g lean beef steaks, such as sirloin, fat trimmed
- Cooking oil spray
For the salad
- 400g can black beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 325g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 1 large red pepper, finely diced
- 1–2 chillies or 2tbsp sliced jalapeños from a jar, chopped
- 3 spring onions, very finely sliced
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1 large avocado, flesh diced
- Juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 3–4tbsp fresh coriander leaves, plus extra to garnish
- Mix the cumin and chilli powder in a small bowl, then rub over the steaks. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the salad.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently toss together all the salad ingredients, then set aside.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and cook the steaks over a medium-high heat until done to your liking (about 2 min on each side for medium). Remove from the heat and leave to rest for a few min, then slice thinly.
- Divide the salad and steaks among 4 bowls, then serve garnished with extra coriander and lime wedges on the side to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
388kcal 34.5g 17.3g 4.4g 14.1g 12.8g 0.4g 94mg 23.3g 6.7mg