- 500g lean lamb mince
- 40g fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1½tsp ground cumin
- 5tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 50g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- Cooking oil spray
- 4 wholegrain burger buns
- 150g iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 vacuum-packed cooked beetroot, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- Put the mince, breadcrumbs, coriander and 1tsp of the cumin in a large bowl and mix until combined. Shape evenly into 4 burgers, then put on a plate and chill for 10 min to firm up. If freezing the burgers, see right.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt with the remaining cumin and the feta.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil, then fry the burgers for 4–5 min on each side until cooked through.
- Halve the burger buns, then fill each one with lettuce, a burger, the yogurt dip, tomatoes, beetroot and cucumber. Serve with any remaining lettuce on the side.
To freeze: Wrap the uncooked burgers well in clingfilm at the end of step 1, then freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before continuing with the recipe.