- 2tbsp red or white miso paste
- 2tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp runny honey
- 250g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 large aubergine, cut into cubes
- Cooking oil spray
- Large pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 350g tenderstem broccoli
- 2 x 250g packs ready to heat brown rice
- 1tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Combine the miso paste, rice wine or sherry, garlic and honey in a medium bowl with 100ml water. Add the tofu and aubergine and turn to coat.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan or wok with oil and set over a high heat. Drain the tofu and aubergine, reserving the sauce, then stir-fry in 2 batches for 7 min or until tender and golden.
- Return all the aubergine and tofu to the pan, then add the chilli flakes (if using). Reduce the heat to medium, then add the reserved sauce and simmer for 1–2 min until the sauce reduces and thickens. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until tender-crisp and heat the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Divide the rice among 4 bowls. Top with the broccoli and stir-fry, then sprinkle over the sesame seeds to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
315kcal 15.5g 6.7g 1.3g 8.5g 8.8g 1.6g 183mg 47.3g 2.9mg