- 1 large aubergine, cut into 2cm cubes
- Spray olive oil
- 1½tbsp gluten-free white miso paste
- 1½tbsp mirin or sherry
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 400g can no added salt chickpeas, drained
- 350g broccoli, cut into florets
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 2 x 250g packs ready to heat brown rice
- 100g baby spinach
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Put the aubergine cubes on the tray, spray lightly with olive oil and bake for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, combine the miso, mirin or sherry, lemon juice and ginger in a bowl.
- Remove the tray from the oven, carefully add the chickpeas, then drizzle over half of the miso dressing and stir to coat. Return the tray to the oven and bake for 15–20 min more until the aubergine is golden and tender.
- A few min before the end of the aubergine cooking time, steam the broccoliand green beans for 3 min or until just tender. Heat
the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Divide the rice, steamed veg, aubergine, chickpeas and spinach among 4 bowls. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
335kcal 15.5g 4.7g 0.6g 10g 6.3g 1g 132mg 52g 3.6mg