1tsp sesame oil
1 leek, halved and thinly sliced
3 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 green chilli, sliced (optional)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2tbsp gluten-free white
400g chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
180g dried buckwheat noodles
150g frozen peas
200g sugar snap peas, halved
250g pak choi, trimmed and
cut into 3cm lengths
3 spring onions, thinly sliced,
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Sauté the leek, celery and chilli, if using, for 5 min. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Add the miso paste and 1 litre water, whisk to combine and then bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken, reduce the heat to low and gently simmer for 10 min. Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside to cool slightly. Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water according to the pack instructions. Rinse and drain.
- Return the chicken to the soup with the peas and sugar snap peas. Simmer for 2–3 min. Add the pak choi and simmer until wilted and heated through. Sprinkle the spring onions over the soup.
- Divide the noodles among 4 bowls and ladle over the hot soup.