- 3 eggs
- 115g caster sugar
- 140g plain flour
- A few drops vanilla extract
- 400g frozen mixed berries
- 4tbsp no-added-sugar black cherry or blackcurrant jam
- 200g 2% fat Greek yogurt
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and line a 20–22cm diameter cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together with an electric hand mixer until the mixture is thick, creamy and trebled in volume (this will take 4–5 min) – the beaters should leave a thick trail on the surface when lifted.
- Sift half the flour over the mixture, then fold in lightly using a metal spoon. Sift over the remaining flour, then fold in, along with the vanilla extract and 1tbsp water.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, then tilt the tin to spread evenly. Bake for 15–18 min until risen, golden, firm to touch and beginning to shrink away from the tin. Cool in the tin for 5 min, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat the berries and jam together in a medium pan until the fruit is soft and juicy.
- Spread the yogurt over the cooled sponge. Cut the cake into 8 slices, then serve topped with a spoonful of the berry mixture.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
222 7.6g 3.3g 1.1g 2.5g 28.8g 0.1g 87mg 42.1g 1.3mg