- 300g thin frying steaks, cut into strips
- 2tsp ras el hanout (Moroccan spice mix)
- Cooking oil spray
- 175g wholemeal couscous
- 2tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- Zest and juice ½ lemon, plus extra zest and wedges to serve
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 125g rocket
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 125g roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and sliced
- 125g tzatziki
- Toss the beef in the ras el hanout. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Cook the beef, in 2 batches, for 2–5 min, or until done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a large bowl. Mix the stock powder with 450ml boiling water, then pour over the couscous, cover and leave for 5 min. Fluff the grains with a fork, then stir in the lemon zest and juice and onion.
- Divide the couscous mixture, rocket, carrot and roasted peppers among 4 serving bowls. Top each with some beef and a dollop of tzatziki, then serve sprinkled with a grind of black pepper and the extra zest, with lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
329kcal 26.6g 8.1g 3g 5.8g 6.7g 1.3g 130mg 37.4g 4.6mg