- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 4tsp ras el hanout
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 400g can no added salt lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 2 x 250g packs ready to heat brown basmati rice
- 100g spinach, chopped
- Fresh coriander, to garnish (optional)
- 4tbsp reduced-fat natural yogurt, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 min until softened. Add the mince and aubergine and cook for about 6 min until evenly browned. Add the ras el hanout and cook, stirring, for a further 2 min.
- Add the tomatoes, lentils and chia seeds, if using, along with ½ can of water and cook for 6–8 min.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then add it to the mixture in the pan, stir well and cook for a further 3–4 min. Add the spinach and cook for 2–3 min.
- Divide among 4 plates, garnish with coriander, if using, and serve with yogurt to spoon over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
525 43g 12g 4.3g 9.3g 10g 0.4g 215mg 54g 6.3mg