- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1tsp each ground coriander and cumin
- ½tsp each smoked paprika, ground cinnamon and turmeric
- 400g can no added salt lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 300g sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 very low salt vegetable stock cubes dissolved in 1.3 litres boiling water
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Juice 1 lemon
- 5tbsp fresh coriander, to serve
- 250g plain unsweetened yogurt
- 6 wholemeal pittas, toasted and halved
- In a large, deep saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery and cook for 5 min or until the vegetables are softened
- Increase the heat to high, add the spices and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Add the lentils, pepper sweet potatoes and stock and season with black pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 25–30 min until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Transfer half the soupto a blender and purée until smooth. Add it back to the pan, season and stir through the spinach and lemon juice.
- Divide the soup among6 bowls. Garnish with the coriander, dollop with yogurt and serve the toasted pittas on the side to dip in..
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
337 14g 6.3g 1.6g 10g 14g 1g 230mg 50g 4.4mg