- 2 x 200g beef rump steaks, fat trimmed
- Cooking oil spray
- 2tsp ras el hanout
- 1 large aubergine, thinly sliced
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 150g low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 large round naan or 4 mini naan breads
- Spray the steaks with oil and sprinkle with the ras el hanout. Heat a large non-stick griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for 2–3 min on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer the steaks to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5-10 min to rest.
- While the steaks are resting, cook the aubergine slices, in batches, in the griddle pan over a medium-high heat for about 1–2 min on each side until browned and tender.
- Combine half the lemon juice with the olive oil in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, griddled aubergine and half the mint, then toss to combine. In a separate small bowl, combine the yogurt with the remaining lemon juice.
- Slice the steaks thinly. Heat the naan according to the pack instructions, then cut into 4 if using a large one and divide among serving plates. Top with the salad and sliced steak, then serve with the yogurt sauce, garnished with the remaining mint and black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
353kcal 31.1g 12.1g 3.2g 5.1g 7.6g 0.7g 161mg 31.7g 3.8mg