- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- Spray olive oil
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 250g portobellini mushrooms, sliced
- 2tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 40g sun-dried tomatoes
- 100ml red wine
- 2 x 400g cans no added salt brown lentils, drained
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 250g wholemeal spaghetti
- 2tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 4tbsp chopped basil
- 3tbsp grated parmesan-style vegetarian cheese
- In a food processor, blitz the onion, garlic and carrot until finely chopped.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the onion mixture and sauté until softened. Add the oregano and the mushrooms and cook for a further 2–3 min.
- Stir in the pesto and sun-dried tomatoes with the wine and 100ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 min. Add the lentils and cherry tomatoes and cook on a low heat for 10–12 min, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions until al dente. Drain, then add the pine nuts, chilli flakes, if using, and basil, and lightly toss everything together.To serve, divide the spaghetti among 4 bowls, top with the mushroom and lentil sauce, sprinkle over the cheese and season with black pepper.
- To serve, divide the spaghetti among 4 bowls, top with the mushroom and lentil sauce, sprinkle over the cheese and season with black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
580 27g 14g 3.2g 17g 12g 0.6g 196mg 71g 8.4mg