- 50g pad thai rice noodles
- 2tsp sunflower oil
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 150g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1tsp sesame oil
- Juice ½ lime
- 1 egg
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Red chilli, sliced, to garnish
- Put the noodles in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 min to loosen, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Stir-fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 30 sec. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3–4 min until tender and golden.
- Add the drained noodles, soy sauce, sesame oil and lime juice to the pan, then continue to cook, stirring, for 1–2 min.
- Meanwhile, in another non-stick frying pan, fry the egg in the remaining oil until done to your liking. To serve, tip the noodles into a bowl, top with the fried egg, then garnish with the coriander and chilli slices.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
410 13g 18g 3g 4g 3g 1.6g 69mg 45g 3.1mg