- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 2tsp garam masala
- 1tbsp ground turmeric
- 1tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 200g mushrooms, sliced if large
- 375ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 120g broccoli florets, halved
- 150g frozen peas
- 150g almonds, roughly chopped
- 600g cooked brown rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, then fry the onion and garlic for 5–8 min until softened. Add the cumin and mustard seeds, then -fry for 30 sec or until they begin to pop. Add the spices and fenugreek leaves and stir to combine.
- Add the mushrooms, coconut milk, 125ml water and the tinned and fresh tomatoes to the pan, then bring to a gentle boil, stirring. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 min or until the mushrooms are soft and the sauce thickened.
- Add the broccoli and peas to the curry and cook for 10 min more. Remove from the heat, stir through the almonds, then serve with the brown rice.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
634kcal 20.3g 35.4g 11g 12g 11.8g 0.2g 200mg 65.3g 9.7mg