- Light olive oil spray
- ½ leek, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 60ml white wine
- 150ml fish or vegetable stock, made with a very low salt stock cube
- 275g fresh mussels, scrubbed, beards removed (discard any that don’t close when tapped sharply on the work surface) or 200g vacuum-packed cooked mussels
- 200g cannellini beans canned in water, drained
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Small handful fresh dill, roughly chopped, to serve
- Spray a heavy-based saucepan (one with a tight-fitting lid) with oil and set over a low-medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 6–7 min until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 1 min.
- Increase the heat to high, then add the wine and bubble for 1 min. Add the stock, mussels, cannellini beans and parsley. Cover the pan tightly with the lid and simmer, shaking the pan occasionally, for 6–7 min until the mussels open. Remove from the heat and discard any unopened mussels.
- Season with ground black pepper, then serve garnished with the dill.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
248 25.6g 3.8g 0.8g 7.1g 2g 1.8g 99mg 19.5g 4.5mg