- Cooking oil spray
- 4 x 125g salmon fillets
- 4tsp wholegrain mustard
- Juice 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 175g long grain rice
- 350ml hot reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 300g mixed frozen sweetcorn and peas, thawed
- 250g spinach
- 75g dried pitted dates, chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray with oil. Put the salmon in the tray, then spread over the mustard and drizzle with the lemon juice. Cover and put in the fridge for 10 min to marinate. Heat the grill to medium.
- Put the rice in a large non-stick frying pan, then pour over the hot stock and bring to the boil. Stir well, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 min or until the rice is cooked and all the liquid is absorbed. Stir through the sweetcorn, peas, spinach and dates, then cover again and cook for a further 5–6 min until piping hot. Season with ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the marinated salmon under the hot grill for 12 min or until cooked through.
- Divide the grilled mustard salmon fillets and the vegetable pilaf among 4 plates, then sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
545 34.6g 17.8g 3.2g 6.7g 18.8g 1.4g 185mg 65.9g 3.2mg